By adding content to spreadshirt.com, you confirm that your content does not infringe any laws or third-party rights like copyright, trademark, or personality rights, and that you have reviewed Spreadshirt's DMCA policy. Spreadshirt will close your account according to its DMCA policy if your content receives repeated takedown notices.
Please double check the legal status of your designs. If you are unsure, try to ask for permission to use them.
- We will not print: Unofficial merchandise.
- We will not print: Names, logos, pictures or other intellectual property of musical groups or musical artists.
- We will not print: Names, logos, pictures, or other intellectual property of sports teams, colleges/universities, clubs or organizations such as Boston Red Sox, Girl Scouts of America, or Princeton University.
- We will not print: Characters, images, actors or likenesses from cartoon networks, comic books, video games, movies, and television shows.
- We will not print: Trademarks, names or logos for companies. For example you can not use the name Coca Cola, Coke “It’s the Real Thing” or the design from the cans.
- We will not print: photos, caricatures, or other artwork depicting a celebrity. Just because you take a picture of a celebrity,it does not give you the right to use the photo on shirts, even if you alter the photo digitally. As expressed in the first four examples below, personal rights are still owned even if the person is no longer living.
Discovery of Illegal Designs
Designs and text that are suspected to violate the law, including, but not limited to, defamation or copyright violations, will be removed immediately without warning and not printed. If your design or text is removed, and you believe it has been removed in error, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that proves ownership of the design, or other valid statement of legality.
If you suspect a design or text of being illegal, please report it to email@example.com. Your personal information will be protected according to our privacy statement. Note that the availability of similar fan art or parody designs on the platform must be evaluated on a case by case basis because some are licensed or subject to other legal exceptions, while others are removed due to legal complaints.
For more information, please read: