If you want to create and buy a product with your vector graphics, just upload the design with the T-Shirt Designer. Our tool will check whether the graphics are printable so that you can start designing your products.
And if you want to sell products created with your vector graphics through Spreadshirt, your vector graphics file needs to be uploaded to your User Area first. In case you haven’t yet registered with Spreadshirt, you can create your free account here. In your User Area, just click on “Upload Design”, choose the graphics and follow the next steps for the upload process.
Printability check for vector graphics
We look at every vector graphics design uploaded here. In doing so, we make sure that there won’t be any issues when printing it later. This automated process usually just takes a moment. If a design does not meet the individual requirements for printing we will, if possible, adjust the design. For example
- we remove pixel graphics that have not been converted into paths from the design,
- we scale designs to make them large enough to achieve the required line thickness,
- we make ambiguous colors clear,
- we close curves and reduce layers.
In your User Area, we always ask you to either accept or reject the changes. This way, you are given the chance to edit the design before releasing it for sale.
When we have to reject your design for plotter printing
Despite automatic print optimization, there may be occasions when we have to reject a design for plotter printing. This may be for one of the following reasons:
- The file has been corrupted
- The design is a pixel graphic
- The design has been uploaded several times
- The design contains overly fine lines (< 1 mm) and can not be further enlarged
- Lines are not completely converted into curves or curves are not closed
- The design has too many anchor points or individual elements in the motif
- The design contains too many colors or layers
- Ethical or copyright concerns
In order to ensure that your vector design is not rejected, take a look at the Requirements for your artwork here.