Spreadshirt.com has specific rules regarding the types of graphics and subject matter permitted on items produced and sold through our service when you make your own t-shirt. These rules are divided into two categories: ethical guidelines and legal guidelines.
Please double check the legal status or ask the owner for permission if you are not sure before using a design.
- We will not print: Unofficial merchandise.
- We will not print: Names, logos, pictures or other intellectual property of musical groups or musical artists.
- We will not print: Names, logos, pictures, or other intellectual property of sports teams, colleges/universities, clubs or organizations such as Boston Red Sox, Girl Scouts of America, or Princeton University.
- We will not print: Characters, images, actors or likenesses from cartoon networks, comic books, video games, movies, and television shows.
- We will not print: Trademarks, names or logos for companies. For example you can not use the name Coca Cola, Coke “It’s the Real Thing” or the design from the cans.
- We will not print: photos, caricatures, or other artwork depicting a celebrity. Just because you take a picture of a celebrity,it does not give you the right to use the photo on shirts, even if you alter the photo digitally. As expressed in the first four examples below, personal rights are still owned even if the person is no longer living.
- We will not print: nudity. We will not print any body parts that would normally be covered by underclothing. We will not print very graphic artistic renditions of persons having sex or their sexual body parts. There will also be times when we will not print a picture of some sort of nudity just because it is in very bad taste.
- We will not print: child nudity.
- We will not print: hate material. Hate material is anything that speaks to hate of any people, creed or race.
- We will not print: Violence-glorifying content.
- We will not print: Designs that are in fact legal, however in our opinion unacceptably slander, offend, disrespect or ridicule others or invoke violence directly or indirectly because of gender, religious or political affiliation or any such similar characteristics.
Discovery of Illegal Designs
Designs and text that are suspected to violate the law, including, but not limited to, defamation or copyright violations, will be removed immediately without warning and not printed. If your design or text is removed, and you believe it has been removed in error, please send an email to email@example.com that proves ownership of the design, or other valid statement of legality.
If you suspect a design or text of being illegal, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal information will be protected according to our privacy statement. Note that the availability of similar fan art or parody designs on the platform must be evaluated on a case by case basis because some are licensed or subject to other legal exceptions, while others are removed due to legal complaints.
For more information, please read: